Monday, February 4, 2008

Sister Krissy Ellsworth

My Beautiful sister Krissy who has been serving a mission in Germany will be home so soon! I can't believe how fast time goes by. It really does seem like yesterday we were dropping her off at the MTC in Provo. I am so excited to go and pick her up, to see her and give her a great big hug! I just received a letter from her today and I wanted to share a part of it. What an example she is to me and I love her so much.

We were running to catch a bus one winter night, when I felt this force stopping me in my tracks. After my companion asked me what was wrong, I looked around and the only person in sight was a man standing behind his bike on the corner of the street. I felt strongly impressed to approach him and talk to him. He introduced himself as Herr Herrmann. We talked for a few minutes, I got his phone number and address and we ran off after promising him we would give the information to our colleagues in the neighboring part of the city where he lived.

The sisters in Tiergarten did contact him and started to teach him. He went to church and Institute, and received an answer from God about the truthfulness of the Gospel! I got to meet him a few weeks ago for the first time since I talked to him back in October. It was a cool reunion. He thanked me for giving him the opportunity to have the gospel in his life, which now brings him so much joy. He asked me to play the piano at his baptismal service, which I did.

I know that the Lord led me to find Andre. I was only His instrument. Andre was prepared to accept the Gospel! After talking to Andre for awhile, I found out that he actually had no reason to be there at the corner of the street that night. He had just planned to go on a bike ride throughout the city and had no route or destination planned. He ended up at the corner of our street at the same time that we were running down it. The Spirit prompted me to stop and I did. How grateful I am, and he is, that I followed that prompting and acted on it. Andre told me that He knows now that God led him to that spot.
I am attaching a picture.





No comments: