Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Sister the Snake Charmer

I am deathly afraid of snakes...Even just looking at this picture of my sister Lindsay holding a Python gives me the creeps!  Lindsay is currently serving a mission for our 
Church in Belem, Brazil and is constantly running into all sorts
of crazy things!!

I've included, in her words, her run in with the Python. 

"Funny story. Last week we had our district meeting in Abaetetuba, which is a 1 1/2 hour bus ride and when we arrived, the member who lives next to the chapel earlier that week found a python on top of the chapel! He captured it and kept it in a barrell for the fireman to come and take it away. When we arrived the Elders were joking that we would be having snake for lunch. The member pulled the python out of the barell and onto the ground as each of us took pictures. I then asked if I could hold the snake and take a picture. He laughed because not even the Elders, all Brasilian by the way, were courageous enough to hold the snake. But I was serious. So he handed me the snake, I took a picture and then.... the snake peed on me. And hollllly balogne... I stunk big time. Good times.. =p"

1 comment:

nutrigina said...

that snake is freaky big! okay, and that doesn't even look like your sister. wow. brazilian now, eh? looks like she's loving it.