Saturday, April 18, 2009

Moscow

-I love this city.
-The Metro is so clean, super reliable and BEAUTIFUL.
-In MOscow it snows while the Sun is shining bright...so the snow is PRETTY and not COLD.
-Apparantly, Purple is the new black here. Everything from tights to shoes, hats and purses! Purple is everywhere! It's a good thing I brought my purple Puma's, my purple scarf, and my purple blanket!! =)
-What is it about finding a Hard Rock Cafe in a foreign country that makes you feel so at home? Good times and yummy food were had tonight at the HARD ROCK CAFE MOSCOW.
Disclaimer: I always seem to forget how expensive they are though.
- Lenin's actual body displayed for all to see is very creepy. And! Don't get caught with your hands in your pockets while you are in there...the russian guards will yell at you.
- You can put a scarf over your head and blend right in...you'll look just like a little russian old lady.
- Potatos just taste better here.
- Being in Moscow with my sister Krissy is the best. She makes me laugh and the random, crazy adventures we are experiencing together are so much more fun!
- We met a new friend. Her name is Oleyesa and she looks like a little porcelin doll. She has been our tour guide in exchange for a big jar of Peanut Butter.

More pictures and stories to come...just a little sampling of the 2 out of 4 days we will be experiencing in this magnificent city!

5 comments:

Carolina said...

I'm beyond jealous...there are no words to describe how jealous!!

Have sooo much fun and I want to see tons of pics!!

Next trip...I'm in!!!

Stephanie said...

Why are you in Russia? You're all over the place!!

eyre blog said...

where are you?!!

{autie} said...

sounds like so much fun!! I love purple!

Sherri said...

Hi, new to your blog. How fun to be in Russia, I've never been.

Kinda funny. you have my same maiden name... Sherri Ellsworth and you middle name is my sisters middle name. Small world!!

I also love to travel! Have fun in Russia.