Sunday, April 26, 2009

Moscow Pictures

These great pictures are courtesy of my 
ever so talented sister Krissy
who was the photographer on the trip.  I forgot to bring my camera!  

St Basil's Cathedral at night.  
No photoshop...I promise.
It was gorgeous!
The Mall all lit up.
St. Basil's during the day.
We had the opportunity to see the Bolshoi Ballet Company
perform the ballet The Golden Age.  It was amazing.
Christ the Saviour Cathedral
One of my favorite views in the city.  
Sweet Olesya...A new friend and one of the
 sweetest people I've ever met! 
  Here she is making me proud with the classic Fishy Face. 
Another view of the Cathedral.  We happened to be there during
the Russian Easter so while inside this church we saw
many people going in and out having 
their eggs and special sweet bread blessed.
We did a lot of walking these 3 days.  Sometimes I'd stop
to rest and look up and it would hit me again that we
were in Moscow.  So fun!
It would randomly start snowing.  Here we are
outside of Lenin's Tomb.  We saw his ACTUAL body
laying there.  CREEEEEEPY!
Fake Cherry Blossoms inside the GUM Mall

The days went by to fast.  I really want to go back.  Maybe I'll wait until 
the weather warms up though.

Thank you Moscow for a lovely adventure and an unforgettable
experience.  See you again someday. 

4 comments:

Natalia said...

I'm still sooo jealous of your trip!

Carolina said...

Your sister is a great photographer...wow! Aaaand I'm also still so jealous of your trip!!

dusty and meag said...

mmmmmmm...I wanted to go on this trip...It looks amazing!

Jenni said...

Wow Sherry, you're quite the world traveler! It's fun to catch up with you on your blog, I hadn't checked it for a while. Take care!