Monday, October 15, 2007

My BROTHER...One of the Few Good Men!


After I said goodbye to the Hansens and missing 3 flights trying to get out of Virginia...I finally made it to San Diego just in time to spend a few days with my family and watch my extremely handsome little brother become a U.S. Marine. Seeing him for the first time since he left for bootcamp three months ago gave me chills all over and I have never been so proud of him as I was in that moment. I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time. Cry, because the little brother that use to sing and read to me...the one whose extreme intelligence helped me pass my Honor's English classes in high school, and the most tenderhearted and loving boy that would never pass up an opportunity to tell me how much he loved me after having smacked a great big kiss on my cheek...that little brother marching in front of me was now a tall, handsome, strong man having accomplished one of the most intense and difficult 12 weeks of his entire life! I also couldn't help but laugh a bit at the funny glasses he had on...Frames that were like everyone else's who wore corrective lenses. He reminded me of Where's Waldo! I was honored to have been able to be there with him and I am so proud of him as he has accomplished yet again, another tremendous victory in his short life.






I jumped at the opportunity to help carry Randal's Bodybag...as it is called. I guess carrying around a great big heavy backpack all over Switzerland, Italy and Spain these past few months just didn't do it for me!

1 comment:

Shermom said...

What can I say? I sure am a proud mother!! Counting my blessings day by day... I love all my toads!!!