Friday, November 16, 2007

NY 2 DC




What a long night!  After a mad dash with Kristi and McKay in a taxi during rush hour...I made it to the bus with just enough time for a hug and a tearful goodbye to my Noah, Kristi and little McKay!  I had gotten so use to my little life with them and I am already missing it.  

The bus dropped me off four very long hours later at 14th street and I walked to the nearest METRO entrance I could find looking like a tired worn down bag lady!  I had my huge backpack fully loaded strapped to my back, a small rolling suitcase with two purses and a bag hanging off of it, and a pillow with a blanket and my lap top stuffed in it!  I must have looked pretty helpless because three different people offered me help.  I was very thankful for my newly acquired subway skills from trying to navigate my way through New York City (it is a zoo down there) because the DC Metro system was a piece of cake in comparison!  My sweet Gina Ashby was patiently waiting for
me at midnight, bless her heart, just outside the Metro door and now I am comfortably laying
in bed waiting for some sleepy sleepy to hit me quick.

  My late night blogging entry is due to the fact that Kristi Eyre and I made a little bet/pact that we would blog at least every other day or else the other person gets to post whatever they want on the other's page.  So...it looks like this is the first out of the two blog entries I will be making tonight.  He he he....

No comments: